What do they look like and where do they live?
- Ear mites are eight-legged parasites which can infect cats and dogs
- They do not burrow into skin, but live on the surface of the skin in the outer ear canal
How can my pet contract Ear Mites?
- The mites are highly contagious and can pass easily from one infected pet to another with direct contact
- Constant re-infestation can be a problem
How will this parasite affect my pet?
- Cats may carry ear mites without showing signs, but signs can flare up
- Young animals are most susceptible to infestation but all ages can be affected
Can this parasite affect my health?
- It is an extremely rare occurrence for this parasite to affect humans